Strategic Plan 2015-2020
HSA President Val Avery speaking to members at St. Paul's Hospital
HSA's Strategic Plan, resulting from extensive member consultation, guides the activities of the Health Sciences Association of BC for the next five years.
During autumn 2014, an extensive information-gathering process was undertaken to assist HSA's leadership to better understand the context for the union's strategic planning.
The major activities involved included:
- One-on-one interviews with members of the HSA Board of Directors (September 2014)
- One-on-one interviews with members of the HSA Expanded Management Team (September 2014)
- Focus groups with activists conducted by HSA Education staff as part of regional meetings across BC (September and October 2014)
- An anonymous online survey of the union's membership (September and October 2014)1
- An anonymous online survey of the union's staff (September and October 2014)
All members are encouraged to review the strategic plan, which was presented at HSA's 2015 Convention on behalf of the Board of Directors by President Val Avery, Vice President Janice Morrison, and Secretary Treasurer Marg Beddis.