To contact HSA's privacy officer, please send an e-mail.
Our commitment to our members' privacy
- HSA is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal information it collects, uses, discloses and retains in the course of conducting its representational duties as the Union.
- HSA upholds the definition of personal information and strives to ensure that information-handling procedures comply fully with the Principles for the Protection of Privacy as specified under Personal Information Protection Act.
- HSA supports the principle that collection of personal information should be conducted with openness and will ensure that whenever personal information is collected, the purpose for which the information is to be used is made clear to the provider of the information.
- HSA provides opt-out provisions wherever possible to providers of personal information so that non-essential union-related services may be selected as optional rather than mandatory.
- HSA limits the collection, use, disclosure and retention of personal information in that it collects only the information that is necessary for the stated purpose of collection. HSA limits any disclosure of personal information to only that information which a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstance.
- HSA retains personal information in accordance with legal and business guidelines or only as long as needed to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. Whenever personal information qualifies as destroyable, HSA follows procedures for safe and confidential destruction of that information.
- HSA supports the principle of obtaining consent prior to using or disclosing personal information for the stated purpose for which it is collected. HSA will also obtain consent if information already collected is to be used for any purpose other than that purpose for which it was originally collected. All personal information that HSA collects will be used solely for the purposes of servicing the membership. HSA does not sell, lease, trade or donate personal information.
- All information HSA collects from employees during organizing will be used for the purpose of organizing the bargaining unit and servicing the unit once organized.
- HSA uses security measures, incorporated into records management and security processes, which protect personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- The HSA Privacy Officer bears the primary responsibility to ensure safeguarding personal information, implement applicable procedures and respond to enquiries and complaints.
- HSA provides individuals means by which to request access or changes to their personal information, to decline provision of personal information and to report an incident or make a formal complaint relating to HSA's protection of their privacy.
- All complaints and reported incidents are investigated and responded to in accordance with PIPA guidelines. If a complaint is justified, HSA will take appropriate measures to rectify an identified issue.
- The Privacy Officer is the designated person for contacting external sources and agencies on PIPA matters on behalf of HSA.
- Although HSA is not normally involved in the distribution of commercial electronic messages as defined by Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), HSA complies with CASL. We will only add your email to our distribution lists if you provide express consent, and we make it easy for you to unsubscribe at any time.
This website uses Google AdWords