Advanced OH&S Training Virtual Workshop
HSA is pleased to offer this advanced one-day virtual workshop specifically designed for OHS stewards and JOSH Representatives who have experience working to support members with their occupational health and safety concerns.
DATE: September 28, 2021
TIME: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
LOCATION: Virtual – WebEx details to follow
Advanced OHS Steward Training
This course further develops the knowledge and skills that OHS Stewards and Joint Occupational Health and Safety committee representatives need to be effective occupational health and safety advocates. Participants will leave this course feeling more empowered and confident in addressing OHS hazards and in their role as JOSH committee representatives.
In this course participants will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety law and policy framework, as well as collective agreement provisions that support OHS
- Get up to speed with recent and relevant OHS law and policy changes
- Review the composition, structure, duties and functions of Joint Health & Safety committees
- Build tools and strategies for JOSH committee effectiveness, including JOSH recommendations and incident investigations
- Practice skills in advocacy using all of the tools and resources explored in the course
Register early, space is limited.
Stewards who are interested in this workshop are asked to complete a registration application by logging into My Events Registration using the prompts provided. Workshops are listed under Steward Education events. Please call the HSA office at 604.517.0994 or 1.800.663.6119 if you do not know your HSA member ID number.