Ergonomics: How to Address Aches, Pains & Strains
Ergonomics: How to Address Aches, Pains & Strains (1 day)
DATE: June 15, 2021
TIME: 9 am to 4:30 pm workshop, 1.5 hours for lunch
LOCATION: Virtual – WebEx
HSA is pleased to have the BC Federation of Labour Occupational Health and Safety Centre facilitate this online course.
In this course, OHS Stewards and JOSH Reps will learn how to support members in their workplaces to address their ergonomic concerns. Ergonomic issues may arise for members in the workplace or when working from home. In both cases, the employer has responsibility to ensure their workplace is safe.
In this course participants will learn:
• Common health effects of MSI injuries,
• How to comply with existing ergonomics legislation,
• How to identify ergonomic hazards, risk assessment techniques and generate solutions to deal with hazards,
• Strategies to assist in implementing an effective prevention program, and
• Have an opportunity to put theory into practice using the “Fix That Job” exercise.
Members who are interested in this workshop are asked to complete a registration application by logging into My Events Registration using the prompts provided. Workshops are listed under Other events. Please call the HSA office at 604.517.0994 or 1.800.663.6119 if you do not know your HSA member ID number.