HSA Supervisors in the Union Workshop
You are invited to an HSA Supervisors in the Union Workshop
Date: January 29-30, 2018
Time: 9 am to 4:30 am (breakfast served at 8:30 am)
Location: Health Sciences Association of BC - Head Office, 2nd floor Training room
180 East Columbia Street, New Westminster, BC
HSA is unique in terms of the number of supervisors who are included in the union. Part of the reason for this is that supervisors were the founding members of HSA when the union was first organized. This workshop is HSA’s invitation for supervisors to come and teach each other how to work together as members and as supervisors, as well as with stewards.
HSA Supervisors will have a better understanding of:
- how to understand the interplay between their role as a member and as a supervisor
- the issues surrounding supervisors who are stewards
- how stewards and supervisors work with each other
- the roles of the union representative and supervisor in grievances
- current information on HSA’s work on specific contract issues
The ultimate goal of these workshops is to offer concrete support to HSA supervisors and to promote cooperation amongst all HSA members, no matter their position in the workplace.
Supervisors can register by logging into My Events Registration. The workshops will be listed under Steward Education events. Please contact HSA at 604-517-0994 if you do not know your HSA Member ID as you will need this to register. Registration will close on January 15, 2018. Thank you.
Course: Supervisors in the Union
We look forward to seeing you!