OH&S Steward Training
Stewards may register by logging into My Events Registration. Workshops are listed under Steward Education events.
OH&S Steward Training (2 days)
October 29-30, 2018
HSA Office, 180 East Columbia Street, New Westminster
Workshop participants will discuss:
- rights and responsibilities of safety stewards
- role of the Workers’ Compensation Board
- occupational health and safety regulations, policies and guidelines
- hazard identification
- incident investigations
- worksite inspections
- role of a steward/worker rep on the joint occupational health & safety committee
- violence in the workplace
- musculoskeletal injuries
- harassment & bullying as workplace hazards
- making recommendations
Priority for this course will be given to new HSA OH&S stewards and representatives on joint occupational health and safety (JOHS) committees who have not previously attended HSA OH&S workshops.
To register for these workshops log into My Events Registration using the prompts provided. Workshops are listed under Steward Education events. Please call the HSA office at 604.517.0994 or 1.800.663.6119 if you do not know your HSA member ID number.