CBA 2022-2025 Agreement
When your Community Health Services and Support bargaining committee went into bargaining, they had dozens of priorities from members like you. You gave your representatives clear direction that closing the wage gap between the Community Agreement and the Facilities Agreement was essential. By autumn, progress had been made on many items, but the government had dug in their heels on two key issues: bringing wages in line with other sectors and securing your benefits.
The union bargaining team decided to take a pause and go back and consult with members, who made it it clear that these priorities were non-negotiable. The solidarity from members gave the committee the courage to keep fighting. Our relentless pressure forced the government to put new money on the table to close the gap with the Facilities Agreement and protect your extended health and long-term disability benefits.
This is an historic, greatly expanded collective agreement that meets the priorities set by HSA members working in community health, and your Board of Directors joins with all eight unions in the bargaining association in recommending that you vote yes in favour of the tentative collective agreement.
In the coming weeks, HSA will be conducting telephone town halls, inviting all members to call in to listen to reports, hear questions from other members, and ask questions themselves. See details below.
The Comprehensive Report contains the full Terms of Settlement — the proposed changes to the Collective Agreement — along with explanatory text. You can view (and download) the Comprehensive Report here
To see how the proposed wage increases affect you, please visit the Wage Calculator, which is hosted on the BCGEU's website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Online voting will be open at 9:00 am PST on February 18 and close at 4:00 pm PST on February 28.
All members covered by the Community Health Services and Support Bargaining Association are entitled to vote. You will need a voting credential to cast your vote – this unique voting ID and password will be sent to you by email on February 18, the same day that voting begins.
For those members who have not provided HSA with a personal email address, voting credentials will be sent by postal mail. These are expected to be delivered by February 22. Any member who does not receive their voting credentials by this date, or misplaces them, can contact HSA to request a replacement anytime up to February 28 at noon. Click here to make sure HSA has your personal email.
Please ask your coworkers if they are receiving HSA emails — if they are not, encourage them to update their information using this link:
Telephone Town Halls, which allow members to call into a group phone meeting, hear reports from union leadership and ask questions, will take place on:
- Thursday, February 16 from 7:00 to 8:00 pm
- Friday, February 17 from 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm
To participate, simply wait for your phone to ring at the scheduled meeting time and pick up. Allow 10 minutes for all the calls to be placed; the meeting won’t start until the full dial-out is complete. If you have recently changed your phone number, please update your contact information so that we dial the correct number.
Did you get a phone call or postcard from HSA? We're contacting members to make sure we have your current personal email address to ensure you receive all the information about the tentative agreement. You can confirm or update your contact information with our online tool.
- March 1, 2023: CBA Bargaining Update - Members Vote in Favour of Tentative Agreement
- February 9, 2023: CBA Bargaining Update - Information Meetings and How to Vote on Tentative Agreement
- January 27, 2023: CBA Ratification - Information Package on the Proposed Agreement
- January 16, 2023: CBA Bargaining Update - Tentative Agreement Reached
- December 15, 2022: CBA Bargaining Update - Details of new offer coming January
- November 30, 2022: CBA Bargaining Update - Next steps on stalled negotiations
- November 24, 2022: CBA Bargaining Update - Talks Break Off
- October 26, 2022: CBA Bargaining Update - Bargaining continues, progress stalling
- September 29, 2022: CBA Bargaining Update - Employer frustrating efforts to address recruitment and retention, pay gap
- September 26, 2022: CBA Bargaining Update - Employer now pushing for concessions in bargaining
- September 8, 2022: CBA Bargaining Update - Negotiations Resume September 12
- July 20, 2022: CBA Bargaining Update - Bargaining FAQ
- June 15, 2022: CBA Bargaining Update- Working Groups on Key Issues Created
- April 25, 2022: CBA Bargaining Update - Progress on Non-Monetary Bargaining Issues
- March 9, 2022: CBA Bargaining Update - Deeply Disappointed by the Employer's Initial Wage Proposal
- February 16, 2022: CBA Bargaining Update - Pushing for Solutions to the Recruitment and Retention Crisis