Applications Now Open For New $3 Million Professional Development Fund
Funding can be applied to training between April 1, 2021 and August 31, 2022
Health Science Professional Bargaining Association members of Health Sciences Association are invited to apply for financial support from a new $3 million fund announced in June.
The funding, provided by the BC Ministry of Health, is intended to support health science professionals looking to maintain and upgrade specialized training.
- The funding is to be allocated to training and upgrading skills for HSPBA members working in professions experiencing shortages, or in rural and remote locations, as well as ongoing required professional development for all HSPBA members;
- The funding will apply to education or training commenced between April 1, 2021 and August 31, 2022;
- The education or training must pertain to professional development in a health science professional discipline being practiced in the public health care system; and
- Eligible expenses for reimbursement include tuition fees, registration fees, cost of required books or materials, and other reasonable education-related expenses and may also include reasonable costs of travel and accommodation if the applicant must travel or temporarily relocate to attend education or training or related clinical placement.
- As with previous rounds, applications are invited on a rolling basis until the fund is exhausted.
All health science professionals covered by the HSPBA collective agreement, which includes members of HSA, BCGEU, CUPE, PEA and HEU are eligible to apply for funding. Application forms are available on the HSA website here: