Apply now for community social service education funds
The Community Social Services Labour Adjustment and Education Fund Committee is calling for new applications from members working in the community social services sector.
- be a union member covered by at least one of the Community Social Services Collective Agreements, i.e. Aboriginal Services, General Services, or Community Living Services;
- have successfully completed their probation period;
- have been aid off as of April 1, 2011 or later;
- have seen hours of work significantly reduced; and
- be a current employee covered by a Community Social Services sectoral collective agreement who is interested in skill development.
Successful applicants may be eligible for reimbursement of training costs up to a lifetime maximum of $5000.
The labour adjustment and education funds are available through a grant from the provincial government resulting from a joint request made by the Community Social Services Bargaining Association and the Community Social Services Employers Association, during the negotiation of the collective agreement.
Applications are now being accepted on a first come, first served basis. Click the following links for detailed information on the conditions governing the LAEF and the application process, as well as application forms.