Call for Expressions of Interest: HSA Indigenous Circle
éy swayel (good day in Halq'eméylem). HSA’s Indigenous Circle is seeking two to four additional Indigenous members to join the Circle. The purpose of the Indigenous Circle is to create a safe, inclusive, and equitable workplace and union for Indigenous people. The work ahead includes:
- Support the union to be culturally safe, inclusive, transparent, and accountable to Indigenous members and communities.
- Promote education on the ongoing impact of colonization i.e., Indigenous history, residential school, trauma, cycles, etc.
- Build partnerships on racial justice issues through collaboration and mutual respect.
- Create safe spaces to build relationships and networks with other Indigenous members.
The Indigenous Circle is composed of six to eight members to allow for a diverse range of representation across nations, professions, and regions. All interested Indigenous members are invited to send an expression of interest via email to jedi [at] hsabc.org with the following information:
- Your name, worksite, and region
- Why you are interested in participating in the Indigenous Circle (this can be sentences or point form)
- We understand there are many complexities to identity. Beyond self-identification as Indigenous, who are your people?
- Confirm your willingness to participate in 4 Indigenous Circles (virtual and in-person) *
* Wage replacement, travel, and meal diems will be provided as per HSA policy. Indigenous Circles will be held at least four times per year with the option to meet virtually. The Circle may need to gather more than standard committees.
Expressions of interest will be accepted through to September 4, at 11:59pm, with an aim to have the committee selected by September 8, 2023.
Applicants will be reviewed in a fair and transparent process by members of the Indigenous Circle who submit expression of interest to participate in the Circle.