Call for Expressions of Interest: HSA Racial Justice Committee
After many months of dialogue and deliberation by the Racial Justice Working Group, the Terms of Reference for the Racial Justice Committee has been approved by the Board of Directors. HSA would like to express deep gratitude to those who have participated in the creation of these Terms of Reference, the Racial Justice Working Group: Anita Bardal, Donna Barker, Sonia Andhi Bilkhu, Lisa-Navine Dodd, Tammam El-Khodor, Jing-Yi Ng, Satnam Sidhu, and Kane Tse. The terms of reference can be found here.
The 2023 Racial Justice Committee will be composed of six members. Any HSA member is invited to send an expression of interest via email to @email with the following information:
- Your name, worksite, and region
- Why you are interested in participating in the Racial Justice Committee (this can be sentences or point form)
- Confirm your willingness to participate in 4 meetings over 2023*
- [Optional] Do you self-identify as Black, Indigenous or Person of Colour (Person of the Global Majority)
- [Optional] Do you self-identify as White / non-BIPOC**
* Wage replacement, travel and meal diems will be provided as per HSA policy. Meetings are once every few months and are all day.
** Terms of Reference for the Racial Justice Committee allow one White / non-BIPOC member.
Expressions of interest will be accepted through to January 22, 2023 at 11:59pm, with an aim to have the committee selected by February 1.
The applications will be reviewed by members of the Racial Justice Working Group who do not submit expressions of interest to participate in the committee.
"In a racist society it is not enough to be non-racist, we must be anti-racist."
— Angela Davis