Celebrating International Women's Day - Inspiring Change
HSA Head office
HSA invites women in our union to join us for two days of sharing to celebrate International Women’s Day. HSA is providing the opportunity for members to participate in a workshop that combines attending IWD events and in-house HSA training.
• the significance of International Women’s Day
• women’s struggles and achievement
• the history of women in politics and the labour movement
• how many of the same issues continue to be relevant today as they relate to women’s participation and leadership in the union
• making your voices heard
• domestic violence in the workplace
• positive women – living with HIV and exposing injustice
• How did we get to Idle No More?
Participants will include a diverse mix of experienced activists and members new to participating in the union who are interested in getting more involved.
Interested in this opportunity? Registration is through the HSA event management system. Please call HSA if you do not know your HSA member ID number (604.439.0994 / 1.800.663.2017).
Please note that participants are invited to attend the Vancouver and District Labour Council IWD dinner CELEBRATING WOMEN – Making Change: Idle No More on March 7th.