HSA convention and elections 2023: important dates and deadlines
Preparations for HSA’s annual convention and biennial elections of President and Regional Directors are underway. Please note these important dates and deadlines:
52nd Annual Convention
The annual convention is where delegates from around the province set the policies and priorities for the union, and includes debate on resolutions submitted by HSA chapters across the province.
- Annual Convention: Wed., April 19 to Friday, April 21, 2023
- Pre-Convention Education Workshops: Tuesday, April 18, 2023
- Deadline for submission of resolutions: Friday, February 3, 2023
Election of President
The president is elected by delegates to the union’s annual convention in odd-numbered years for a two-year term.
- Early nomination deadline: Friday, February 17, 2023
(to publish material in HSA annual report)
- Final nomination deadline: Friday, April 21, 2023
- Election: Friday, April 21, 2023
Election of Regional Directors
Regional Directors are elected by members in their region by electronic voting. They serve for a two-year term. Elections in 2023 are for Regional Directors from odd-numbered regions.
- Nomination deadline: Thursday, January 19, 2023
- Regional Directors voting period: February 4 – February 12