HSA members at WCMI elect bargaining team for 2024 contract negotiations
HSA members at West Coast Medical Imaging met earlier this month to set priorities for bargaining a new collective agreement. The current contract expires March 31, 2024.
At meetings held in Victoria and New Westminster, members reviewed bargaining priorities submitted by members working at 18 sites in the Lower Mainland and Lower Island, both of which focused on themes of fair compensation, safe workload, and respect from the Employer.
Four members were elected as representatives to represent them in bargaining, expected to get underway in the coming months:
- Mona Bati, Lower Mainland WCMI, Radiological Technologist
- Denise Danel, Lower Mainland WCMI, Medical Office Assistant
- Stephanie Tolias, Victoria WCMI, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Fareeha Yousuf, Victoria WCMI, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Sophie Demontmorency, Radiological Technologist (alternate)
- Fran Wagner, Radiological Technologist (alternate)
They will join staff representatives John Hindle and Alyson Warner in preparation for meeting with the employer. As negotiations progress, regular updates will be provided by email. Please remind your colleagues to sign up for updates by email and ensure that your contact information is current.
Use this link to subscribe or update your information: https://www.hsabc.org/contact/member-contact-update-form