Notice for HSA Safety Stewards and Activists
-Connections ... Advocating for a Safe and Healthy Workplace"
November 20 and 21, 2008
Hilton Vancouver Airport Hotel
This conference is designed for experienced safety stewards to develop their understanding and to help ensure safe working conditions for all members. Learn from presenters from agencies such as OHSAH, WorkSafeBC, and other experts.
Learn more about topics such as:
- violence in our workplaces, and what we can do to prevent it;
- WorkSafeBC audits to enforce health and safety regulations in our work sites;
- leasons learned from ergonomic studies of HSA laboratory technologists and ultrasonographers
Members who meet the following criteria will be welcome to apply:
- have taken HSA Basic Safety Steward training
- have attended at least six Joint O&HS Committee meetings
- or are HSA-appointed representatives to provincial OH&S committees/initiatives
- and other advocates may be approved to attend as well