PHSA Lab Redesign update: Job Fair proceeds February 3 and 4
As a result of the Section 54 issued in February of 2015, the PHSA laboratory redesign will now be proceeding, starting with a Phase One job fair February 3 and 4, 2016.
If you are not available February 3 or 4 please ensure that you speak with PHSA redesign and your HSA LRO.
On January 25, 2016, PHSA issued a memo and a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document. In addition, a seniority list was posted.
IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT EVERY MEMBER CHECK THE POSTED SENIORITY LIST AND ENSURES THEIR POSTED SENIORITY DATE IS CORRECT IN ADVANCE OF THE JOB FAIR PROCESS BEGINNING.
Questions have arisen about the current FTE that has been assigned to members in leadership positions. If you are disputing your FTE/grade level, please advise your employer, and make sure HSA, through your LRO, is aware of this so that they can look into the matter and advise you of next steps.
If you do not know which Phase you are in, please raise this with your LRO and PHSA Lab Redesign as soon as possible.
PHSA has announced that Phase 1 will take place February 3 and 4.
Phase 1 is:
• Open to current Grade 6 (including 6+5%) and Grade 5.
• Selection by Grade and seniority.
• An HSA LRO will be present for all selections.
• If you have seniority disputes please advise your LRO as soon as possible well before your selection time.
• If you have questions during your selection, the LRO can assist you.
• If you have FTE concerns that impact your grade level please advise your LRO as soon as possible.
Phase Two will follow Phase 1 later in February (date to be determined):
• Open to current Grade 4 and Grade 3 in addition to those who did not secure a position in Phase One.
• Selection by seniority.
• If you have seniority disputes please advise your LRO as soon as possible.
For the information of members, there are currently more positions available than those selecting.
HSA, on behalf of the Health Science Professionals Bargaining Association (HSPBA), has advised PHSA lab that the union is seeking more time for members to complete their Phase 1 selections. HSA will keep you updated as information arises or changes.