Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace - Level One – Mental Health and the CSA Standard
Date: May 26, 2022
Time: 9 am to 4:30 pm
Location: HSA Office, 180 East Columbia Street, New Westminster
Each year in Canada, one in five people will experience a mental health problem or illness. Over a lifetime that number increases to 1 in 3. The cost of mental health problems or illness costs our economy more than 51 billion dollars.
The objective of this workshop is to provide participants with the tools to create strategies that will support workers with mental health issues, individually and collectively. A Psychological Health and Safety Management System can help an organization identify hazards that can contribute to psychological harm to the worker. It is a preventive approach that assesses your workplace practices and identifies areas for improvement. A voluntary CSA Standard (Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace) has been developed to help organizations work towards this vision as part of a process of continual improvement.
In this course participants will:
- Learn about the myths and facts of mental illness,
- Identify the stigma associated with mental health illness,
- Identify organizational factors that contribute to mental illness,
- Learn how to apply the CSA standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the workplace as an effective strategy to create a workplace environment supportive of mental health,
- Learn about other resources available to workplaces.
This workshop is open to all HSA members.
Members who are interested in this workshop are asked to complete a registration application by logging into My Events Registration using the prompts provided. Workshops are listed under Other events. Please call the HSA office at 604.517.0994 or 1.800.663.6119 if you do not know your HSA member ID number.