Should You Be Receiving WWGS Pay?
SHOULD YOU BE RECEIVING WWGS PAY?
And what is WWGS pay anyway?
Effective the first pay period after April 1, 2021, changes to classifications in the Health Science Professionals collective agreement provided increased pay for certain HSA members in more than 30 different health science professions when they work without general supervision (WWGS).
The professions with new WWGS classifications are:
- Anesthesia Assistant
- Aquatic Therapist
- Art Therapist
- Biomedical Engineering Technologist
- Cardiac/Exercise Physiologist
- Cardiology Technologist
- Cardiopulmonary Technologist
- Child Life Specialist
- Dental Hygienist
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Discipline Allied to the Social Work Discipline
- Early Childhood Educator
- Environmental Health Officer
- Genetic Counsellor
- Infant Development Consultant
- Licensing Officer
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist
- Massage Therapist
- Music Therapist
- Orthopaedic Shoemaker
- Orthotics Technician
- Polysomnographic Technologist
- Prosthetics Technician
- Public Health Inspector
- Recreation Therapist
- Remedial Gymnast
- Seating Devices Technician
- Supported Child Development Consultant
- Tobacco and Vapour Products Enforcement Officer
- Tobacco and Vapour Products Reduction Coordinator
- Vocational Counsellor
WWGS pay applies to staff level positions in the applicable professions on any day where the majority of hours of the shift are worked without practical access to general supervision provided by a bargaining unit supervisor of the same profession. WWGS pay is then applied on a payroll coding up basis for the entirety of the shift.
In cases where a staff level position always works without practical access to general supervision, the position will be reclassified and paid per the appropriate new WWGS classification and corresponding salary structure.
The new WWGS pay rates for each profession are the same as the profession’s Sole Charge rates.
If you have questions, or think your employer has failed to correctly implement your WWGS pay, please contact @email.