Don't Forget: Apply Now for Reimbursement of Your 2023 Professional Fees
Have you submitted your professional fees fund application yet? While many HSA members have already been reimbursed for their 2023 professional fees, many other members still need to apply.
Don’t miss out – the deadline for eligible receipts is December 31, 2023.
This financial benefit was negotiated in last year’s round of HSPBA bargaining; all HSA members covered by the HSPBA collective agreement are eligible for funding to cover their health science professional fees for 2023. Members have been reimbursed for a variety of fees, including memberships with the Cardiology Technologists Association of BC, the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC, the College of Dietitians of BC, the College of Pharmacists of BC, the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists, the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science, and more.
The application is online and, similar to the classification review tool, requires you to log in with your personal email address. Before you log in, please make sure that you have the receipt for your professional fees, and either a void cheque or your banking information (this allows us to direct deposit your reimbursement).
Here’s the fine print:
- Members will be reimbursed up to a maximum cap informed by the fee rates set by regulatory bodies and professional associations. If you have trouble logging in to the application, please use the member contact form to update your email address.
- Receipts must be for your 2023 professional membership fees. If you pay for multiple professional fees, we recommend you submit the one with the highest amount as only one set of fees will be reimbursed. If you pay your fees monthly, please contact your association to get an annual statement before you apply.
- Not eligible for reimbursement: insurance, exams, criminal checks, and tuition. Please check the HSA website for other funding opportunities that may be available for these types of expenses.
- USA Association fees will not be reimbursed unless the membership is mandatory and part of your job description (you’ll need to provide proof of this with your receipt).
- We can’t accept your application if it’s not complete.
Last time we sent a notice about this fund, we received thousands of applications in just a few days. It will take us several weeks to process applications and deposit the reimbursements.
If you applied before September 1, 2023 and haven't heard back, please contact us. If you applied September 1, 2023 or later, please be patient and do not email or phone to request updates on the status of your application as this slows down the process for everyone.